The staff of Salem Health’s pediatric speech-language pathology program enjoys treating our region’s culturally and linguistically diverse population of children and their families.
Our speech-language pathologists are skilled in the evaluation and treatment of delays and disorders including and/or related to the following:
- Articulation impairment
- Augmentative-alternative communication
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Brain injury/neurological disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Cleft lip and/or palate
- Developmental speech-language delays
- Down syndrome
- Fluency (e.g., stuttering, cluttering)
- Language disorders (auditory comprehension and expressive communication)
- Resonance disorders (e.g., velopharyngeal incompetence; hyper/hyponasality)
- Speech sound disorders
- Phonological processing
- Childhood apraxia of speech (inability to coordinate the movements of speech)
We are happy to work with primary care doctors and parents to create a personalized treatment that gives each child the maximum opportunity to succeed. Our therapists work with both English- and Spanish-speaking children.
To learn more, call the Salem Health Rehabilitation Center at 503-561-5986.