Rehabilitation services in Dallas and Monmouth
If you struggle with daily activities because of an injury or other medical condition, we can help. With a referral from your medical provider and our suite of therapy specialties, we individualize your care plan to meet your needs. Our expertise, combined with your commitment, will help you meet your functional goals.
Whether your rehabilitation plan includes one or multiple therapies, you will have a highly skilled, experienced, and compassionate team to help with your recovery. We offer:
- Many scheduling options.
- Competitive turnaround from referral to scheduling care.
- Free Connections Van transportation (503-831-3474) to and from appointments for qualifying patients.
- One-hour initial evaluations.
- One-on-one appointments.
- Rehabilitation plan individualized to your needs.
Rehabilitation services are available in Monmouth or Dallas, so you can start your recovery right away.
Salem Health Rehabilitation Services in Dallas includes a team of physical therapists and physical therapy assistants at West Valley Hospital and a satellite office at Salem Health Medical Clinic in Monmouth. It contracts with the Dallas Aquatic Center to provide aquatic therapy, and we have certified Graston practitioners for soft-tissue mobilization.
Physical therapy focuses on evaluating and treating conditions that limit independence with tasks having to do with positions or movement, from transitioning out of bed to athletics. Among the specialized PT services we provide are:
- Rehab after joint surgery
- Work injury management (including PCE I/closing measures)
- Sports rehabilitation
- Balance/vestibular rehabilitation
- Neuro rehabilitation (for conditions such as stroke, head injury, or Parkinson’s disease)
- Custom foot orthotics
Our aquatic therapy program is unique. Our provider is certified in aquatic therapy, and we have a special partnership with the Dallas Aquatic Center. Its features include:
- Pool mechanical lift and wheelchair ramp for less mobile participants
- Three different pools:
- Heated therapy pool (92 degrees)
- River walk shallow pool for strengthening
- Deep lap swimming pool
Our post-rehab aquatic exercise plans are tailored for your independent use of the aquatic center after therapy is completed.
Our pelvic therapy program is committed to delivering up-to-date, specialized care while upholding your privacy and dignity. Our pelvic therapists help women and men regain bowel and bladder control, stabilize the abdominal wall, back and pelvic floor during functional tasks, and achieve control over pain. If you’ve had any of the following, you may benefit from pelvic therapy:
- Incontinence or constipation
- Pelvic or vaginal pain
- Prenatal or postpartum musculoskeletal pain
- Diastasis recti
- Early stages of pelvic prolapse
- Pelvic issues related to athletics
Occupational therapy helps you recover or develop the skills for daily life, including self-care, hobbies, work performance or school activities. OT/Hand therapy may be for you if you’ve had:
- Orthopedic and/or work injury problems affecting the arm and hand
- Neurological problems
- Medical issues that impair your ability to do normal daily activities
- Chronic pain conditions related to activities of daily living
Speech therapy typically helps patients who have had strokes, traumatic brain injuries or degenerative conditions. Patients who can benefit from speech therapy often have trouble with:
- Language loss, such as recalling words, putting words together to speak or processing information.
- Cognitive function, including paying attention, remembering things, putting information in order, etc.
- Speech or oral motor problems like talking that is hard to understand, distorted or not fluent.
- Swallowing, chewing or clearing food from
the mouth or throat, sometimes resulting in
coughing, choking or discomfort.
- Triggering the swallowing reflex.
For swallowing problems, a team including a clinician from the imaging department, our speech pathologist and a radiologist can perform a modified barium swallow study to take X-rays of your mouth and throat while you swallow to find out more about your particular condition.
How to find us
525 SE Washington St.
Dallas, OR 97338
Monday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
512 Main St., Suite 300
Monmouth, OR 97361
Monday to Thursday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday 7 to 10:30 a.m.