Physical therapy for pelvic floor and incontinence
Privacy and compassion are the values that Salem Health physical therapists bring to treating people with incontinence disorders and pelvic pain issues.
Personalized therapy routines help retrain muscles, using biofeedback and exercises to rebuild your control and confidence.
We treat the following conditions:
- Stress and urge incontinence
- Mixed incontinence
- Overactive bladder
- Fecal incontinence
- Post-prostatectomy incontinence
- Prenatal or postpartum musculoskeletal pain
- Pelvic or vaginal pain
- Pelvic floor muscle dysfunction
- Diastasis recti (abdominal separation
associated with pregnancy)
- Early-stage pelvic prolapse
- Pelvic issues related to athletics
How to get help
Our pelvic rehabilitation team is committed to your success. You’ll receive the latest treatment options for your pelvic conditions.
We provide individualized assessment and care to develop a whole-person plan to resolve your concerns. Your plan may include:
- Standardized and specialized testing
- Pelvic floor training equipment
- Bowel and bladder health education
- Diet modification
- Behavioral retraining
- Soft-tissue mobilization techniques
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Surface electromyography/biofeedback
We can help you return to your previous lifestyle and activities. We are committed to providing excellent care in an environment of compassion, privacy and dignity.
Where to get help
Salem Health Rehabilitation Center in Salem offers physical therapy for incontinence and some pelvic pain issues. West Valley Hospital's rehabilitation department in Dallas offers comprehensive pelvic rehabilitation of all the conditions listed above, performed by physical therapists trained specifically in pelvic health. Read a testimonial from a satisfied patient (pdf).
Ask your primary care provider for a referral to the program that's right for you!