High school student volunteers
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Let’s see if we’re a good match!
Step 1: Make sure you meet our eligibility requirements.
You’re eligible to be a volunteer at Salem Health if you:
- Are looking for volunteer opportunities.
- Are 14 years or older (student volunteers must have good grades and interested in entering the health care field).
- Have good communication skills.
- Are good with customers and patients.
- Have positive references from others.
- Are motivated and independent.
- Are able to commit to a regular, weekly shift for six months (hours vary, depending on assignments).
Step 2: Sign up for an information session (Salem volunteers only)
At the session, you'll learn more about what volunteers do here day-to-day and about our expectations of you. Volunteering is a serious commitment, and we want you to be sure it is right for you!
You will be signing up for an interview at the info session. Please come prepared to pick a date and time for your interview while you're here.
Step 3: Fill out an online application after the session
West Valley volunteers: If you are applying to volunteer at the West Valley campus, select the Polk County application for step 3. A coordinator will contact you to set up an interview.
Step 4: Print, complete, sign and bring the form packet below to your scheduled interview.
High school student form packet