Salem Hospital offers opportunities for new volunteers
Salem Hospital is looking for new volunteers to help in a variety of ways—including way finding and offering assistance at the newly remodeled Salem Cancer Institute.
“We’re looking for people who would like to be an integral part of the Salem Hospital family to help patients, families, visitors, and our hospital staff,” said Earlene Naylor, volunteer services manager. “Volunteering provides a great opportunity to experience health care and make a contribution to health care in our community.”
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Providing information and guiding patients throughout Salem Cancer Institute
- Greeting and way finding on Salem Hospital campus and at Walton House
- Helping in reception areas
Volunteer perks include:
- Free flu shot annually
- Discount cards for local and online businesses
- Meal tickets
- Free fountain drink
- Ongoing hospital education
- Discounts at the hospital fitness center and cafeteria
- Discount at hospital retail pharmacy (after 90-day trial period and ending when you retire from volunteering)
- Studies have shown that people who volunteer improve their health and well-being, feel better about themselves, and live longer!
Volunteers typically provide service once a week for four hours either in the morning or afternoon. Hospital volunteers range in age from 14 to 94 and demonstrate excellent customer service at every turn. Contact Volunteer Services at 503-561-5277 or apply online through salemhealth.org (click on “Careers” and then “Volunteer Opportunities”).
Salem Hospital is part of Salem Health, along with West Valley Hospital, Willamette Health Partners and other affiliated health care organizations offering exceptional care to people in and around Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley. Salem Hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ from Healthgrades in 2014, placing it among the top 5 percent of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide. Visit us at salemhealth.org; “Like” us on facebook.com/salemhealth; follow us on Twitter: @salemhealth; and view us at youtube.com/salemhealth.